If you read the local newspapers you would think it was all doom and gloom in Western Australian sport, but believe it or not its not! Our athletes continue to do amazing things and as is our goal we will try and bring the positive stories to you tonight.
* The Smokefree Thundersticks upset the form books by winning the Australian Hockey League for the second year in succession and tonight we will catch up with one of the championship winning team.
* Liz Chekovitch the WAIS gymnastics coach will be joining us to bring us up to speed with her charges.
* Despite losing their opening two games in the ANZ Championship the West Coast Fever are fired up for thier first home game of the season, and Johannah Curran will join us to tell us how they are going to win on the weekend.
* Pole Vaulter Amanda Bisk has been selected for the University games and she will join us to talk about how important these games are as part of her development.
* Perth will play host to the ISAF World Sailing Championships in 2011 and sailing legend and event director John Longley will join us to tell us what to expect and what it means to Western Australia to host such an event.
* A new Ice rink will open in Perth next week, and we will talk to one of the owners to find out what impact this could have on the Ice Hockey community and any aspiring winter Olympians.
* The European Champions league is at a very interesting stage, so we thought we would catch up with a former winner, German Bernd Wehmeyer who won the title with Hamburg.
So do tune in tonight to 990am from 6pm to listen to the show.
We still have a six pack of Ballantine’s and cola to give away. To win listen to the show and call in to enter.
Tell your friends about us!
NOT THE FOOTY SHOW TEAM